So I was double tagged for Romina by skylark
and tagged for Cera by Blusl
. As a forewarning I am terrible at compiling facts (which is the death of most of my online dating profiles) so many of these are going to be boring and I genuinely don't know who will read it.
CERA THE GOLDEN PRINCE
1. Cera was actually an adopted character, and the first character I ever adopted in general! He was originally designed by TheArtlex
when I was still a wee baby on Helovia. Luckily Cera was also a wee baby, and so our glorious relationship began. Cera was originally designed to be a character obsessed with and passionate about creation and crafting, and that has never changed. Cera has only ever worked with metal all his life, but ever since he was a colt he was apprenticing to become a forger, and so now at his current age he's pretty much a master of the trade. One of his common quirks is hanging out on the red clay shores of the Dragon's Throat marking blueprints and schemes and mumbling figures to himself.
2. Cera was abandoned by his mother on the borders of the Dragon's Throat, and he wandered around the fringe of the herd until he was about 4 months old and was finally adopted by Midas the Gallant. Because of this Cera did not have a proper introduction to language, and I wrote him as having a very hard time grasping verbal concepts far longer than any other character that age would have. Cera never had and still does not have a motherly figure in his life, and Midas being the ruler of the herd he was often left alone and wandering which has developed into a very intense fear of abandonment and isolation.
3. Cera was attacked by d'Artagnan (played by i-mi
) when he was just a baby, for being a pegasus. He was sliced across the chest by d'Artagnan's poisonous horn and Midas had to race him back home for Onni to save his life. Cera still has the scar, and was traumatized for a long time because of the attack. However, he went to pray to his then-patron God (God of the Earth) and spoke with the Earth Turtle who advised him to not feel hate or fear and to be the better person. Cera, being the ray of sunshine he is, took this to heart. Of course that was only the start of Cera's various list of scars. During one of the site plots for Helovia, Midas' doppelganger was a murderous monster that Cera encountered twice. The last time the doppelganger was sick from the Gods fixing the plague of the land that had summoned them to Helovia, and he and Cera engaged in a fight to the death. So Cera had to kill someone that was the exact clone of his father, and because Midas was an incredibly powerful character, Cera did not escape unscathed - mentally or emotionally. He received a few more scars and was haunted by taking life for the first time.
4. Cera is SUPER RELIGIOUS. This is a really, incredibly fun angle for me to play as someone who is not. Midas was very religious as well, which is where Cera learned it from. He originally was incredibly close to the God of the Earth, whom he even called Grandfather Earth at one point. However after a few years Cera discovered that he actually desired to follow the God of the Sun, the patron god of the Dragon's Throat. Ever since then he has been a ridiculously devout character. He prays often, helps to create a temple for the God, educates others, and lives his life by the teachings of the God of the Sun. He believes much of the workings of the universe are intertwined between the Gods and Fate, and IMPLICITLY trusts that whatever happens in life, he will be safe in the knowledge that he is a son of his Lord. Because of this devoutness he is unafraid of death in the traditional sense, and goes through life trying to prove himself to the God of the Sun.
5. Cera is an immortalized cherub. He is incredibly kind, patient, and paternal. In fact the hardest thing I encountered writing him was that he wouldn't fucking grow up! He always seemed too cute, too crybaby, too angsty for his age. He's only recently coming out of that (and he's six years old by now!). I still struggle with it every once in a while, because Cera is so. Damn. Happy. All the time. Seriously. However in contrast to that, Cera has a very dark, depressing past that he often succumbs to. The poor boy has a lot of emotional baggage and in all of his relationships, he is not capable of sharing that burden. So while he is a genuinely kind and radiant character, it is easy for him to be haunted by the various traumatic events that happened to him. In short, Cera is a poster boy for PTSD.
6. Cera is somewhere between homosexual and demisexual. I am shamelessly pansexual and have always enjoyed writing this aspect of Cera. While I think it's preposterous that being raised by a single father would make a boy gay, I do draw on some aspects of that when it comes to Cera, as he had zero female influence almost his entire life. Genitalia does not really matter to Cera so much as the type of character, which is why I'd label him more as demisexual. What Cera desperately needs and cannot forsake in a relationship is a partner that can take his burdens, shelter him, and care for him, as that has always been Cera's job in his various familial relationships. That's why he's more commonly drawn to men, because most of them especially on Helovia are stereotypically strong and capable of giving him that. However he did have a very emotionally fueled, loving sexual encounter with Sikeax (played by NeroandKatie
) so he's not entirely bound to men.
7. Cera was adopted into Midas' family, which included the lovely Ranjiri played by Alioop
. They are incredibly close as siblings, and Cera is probably the coolest big brother ever if I do say so myself. He cares for her deeply, and is very protective of her. They came together to help raise Ryuu, who Ranjiri found on the beach and adopted, who was played by me until life ate me and I had to set him aside. Ranjiri is a very important part of Cera's life, especially after his brother Hototo who was a demi-god and who grew up with Cera very closely was killed by his secondary fatherly character Gaucho (oddmountain
) when Gaucho was possessed by the Moon Goddess. Gaucho was similarly very important to Cera both before and after Midas' death, and losing him recently was the breaking point for Cera in a lot of ways.
8. Last but not least, Cera has a lovely companion! Her name is Ilaria, which means cheerful or happy in Italian (throwback to my family and culture). Ilaria is a red panda, and she is the more cynical side of Cera. She is almost more motherly towards him than sisterly, and is very defensive of him. Where Cera does not hold grudges, Ilaria definitely does, as she will do anything to protect Cera emotionally from the actions of others. However she is also Cera's guiding light, especially when he has fallen into his PTSD depressive episodes. She reminds him to take care of himself, and comforts and rebuilds him back into proper working order far too often. They are incredibly close, as they bonded when Cera was a baby and both grew up together.
I'M SO SORRY THAT WAS SO LONG HE'S MY BABY I'VE HAD HIM FOR YEARS.
ROMINA THE BANSHEE
1. Romina was entirely designed by Schwartze
, and while she may look like a fawnling, she actually isn't! She is a mutated unicorn, which is why she is the size and general shape of an Arab mutt but with some deer abnormalities. (However I've found I draw her without her deer nose so that might become part of her design who knows.) She was born with the mark of Orion on her left hip, and opal-colored antlers that burst into similarly colored fire when feeling heightened emotions. It's pretty awesome.
2. Romina is the twin of Ru'in, played by oddmountain
(gawd get out of my tags Odd, you character hog). Like Odd said in her 8 facts about Ru'in, we had these kiddos in mind for EONS. We played twins a long long long time ago, and Ro and Ru are actually the twins of one of THOSE twins (my girl Hotaru who was twin to Odd's Raeden). I'm gonna steal Odd's little blurb about their relationship here: "They are a mishmash of the incestuous sort of Jaime /Cersei Lannister relationship combined with a Beauty and the Beast theme. He will literally do anything that she says, and would go to the ends of the earth to make her happy." Because it's 110% accurate. Romina is the "beauty" of the two, and she is almost hyper-feminine in how she portrays herself. But she is deeply in love with Ru'in, and finds him to be beautiful and perfect regardless of his looks. However because of that devotion she shamelessly manipulates him out of fear that he will leave her, ensuring he'll stay by her side. She's also ridiculously protective of him and will turn into a raging beast the moment anyone speaks ill of him in her vicinity.
3. Romina is probably the most complex character I've had yet, and she's still just a baby. She is a mix of a very scientific sociopath who manipulates people and situations to observe their reactions, "Belle" kindness and love and devotion to family, and a sort of neutral evil that enjoys chaos and supremacy. Family is EVERYTHING to Romina, which is why she is "Belle" around them, and she means it sincerely. She is incredibly kind, affectionate, and respectful around and towards her family. But that disappears around strangers. Because of this Romina does not make friends unless she is intrigued by their personality (scientific side here) or feels they can further her somehow.
4. Of course Romina is not WITHOUT friends. In fact her best friend is Kiada, played by skylark
. The Banshee and the Harpy are like foils for each other, very similar in their outlook on the world, their passive magic, and their relationships with their twin brothers. Romina initially befriended Kiada because she believed them to be blood cousins, as my character Hotaru and Sky's character Rexanna (mothers of Romina and Kiada respectively) are best friends and Romina calls Rexanna by Aunt. However as she grew older and discovered they aren't blood related, it didn't matter by then. Romina and Kiada go gallivanting off into the great beyond to explore and conquer, and together they slowly figure out their darker, more scheming sides.
5. Romina is obsessed with flowers and butterflies. It's one of her "hyper-feminine" traits, but it is a very distinct virtue of her character. She is always putting flowers in her mane and tail, and putting them in the manes and tails of her friends and family. Ru'in crafts with bronze and can make machines and someday she will have a butterfly necklace that constantly flutters about.
6. Romina is eventually going to have a sonic scream magic that will cause bleeding ears, headaches, disorientation, temporary deafness, etc. That's why her title is "the Banshee" as it will become her famous temper tantrum response, much like a screaming child except with far more dire consequences.
7. Romina hates the cold. HATES IT. Which is eternally ironic because she was born in the Aurora Basin, which is like the arctic tundra. Because of this hatred she is intent on manipulating her brother to move somewhere farther south, where it's warmer.
8. Lastly, Romina is a vagabond by nature. She has a wandering nature, and is envious of the natural deer of the wilds, because she wishes to live in the forests alongside them. She has a hidden identity crisis because she is neither deer nor equine, and while she won't reveal it to others, it bothers her frequently. Whether she'll remain a wanderer is yet to be seen, but she'll always love warmer forest climates.
I literally am not tagging anyone because I'm only friends with people who have already been tagged a million times lmao.